Milton Criminal Lawyers – Daniel Brown Law
Milton Criminal Lawyers, Daniel Brown, represents clients charged with serious indictable and summary offence matters in the Superior Court of Justice and the Ontario Court of Justice in Milton and throughout Halton Region and most of southern Ontario.
Our results speak for themselves. Daniel Brown Law is recognized by Canadian Lawyer Magazine as one of Canada’s top 10 criminal defence firms.
In 2020, Daniel was voted the Toronto Star’s Readers’ Choice Diamond Award Winner in the category of Best Lawyer. Daniel Brown Law was also voted the 2020 Diamond Award Winner in the category of Best Legal Services.
Daniel Brown Law represents anyone facing criminal charges or requiring legal advice on criminal law related matters including help with criminal trials and appeals.
Criminal matters in Milton, Oakville, Burlington, Halton Hills and elsewhere in Halton Region are heard primarily at the Milton courthouse on Steeles Avenue East in Milton:
Milton Courthouse Address: 491 Steeles Ave E. Milton ON L9T 1Y7
Criminal Youth – Ontario Court of Justice tel. 905-878-4165
Criminal – Superior Court of Justice tel. 905-878-4165
Criminal – Ontario Court of Justice tel. 905-878-4165
Having an experienced criminal lawyer on your side is the best defence. It is the only way to help you achieve the best possible results when facing criminal charges.
Daniel Brown is a criminal lawyer practicing in Milton, Oakville, Burlington, Halton Hills and elsewhere in Halton Region. He represents those facing criminal charges or requiring legal advice on criminal law related matters.
Click on the links below to learn more about the charges Daniel Brown defends:
- Domestic Assault: forcible confinement, utter threats, mischief to property;
- Sexual Offences: sexual assault, sexual exploitation, invitation to sexual touching, sexual interference;
- Drinking and Driving Offences: impaired driving, over 80, refuse breath sample, dangerous driving, fail to remain;
- Drug Offences: drug trafficking, drug possession, possession for the purpose of trafficking, drug importation, conspiracy to traffic drugs, drug production and grow-ops;
- Bail Hearings: bail hearings for all offences, bail revocation hearings, bail reviews, bail variations, bail estreatment hearings;
- Assault: non-domestic assault, aggravated assault, assault with a weapon, assault causing bodily harm, assaulting a police officer;
- Property Crimes: theft, shoplifting, possession of stolen property, possession of burglar tools, robbery, mischief under $5,000;
- Homicide: murder, attempted murder, manslaughter, criminal negligence causing death;
- Weapons Offences: possession of a weapon, weapons dangerous, carry concealed weapon, possession of guns;
- Fraud: including large-scale frauds, uttering forged documents, breaches of trust, impersonation;
- Harassment: criminal harassment;
- Administration of Justice Crimes: fail to comply with bail, obstruct police, obstruct justice, perjury, fail to appear, public mischief
- Criminal Law Appeals: appeals of conviction and sentence, bail pending appeal, crown initiated appeals, appeals of POA charges;
- Extradition: to foreign countries and transfer of prisoners from foreign countries to Canada;
Virtual Court Appearance information in Milton
In Milton, criminal matters (except drug charges) for anyone charged as an adult (over 18 years) takes place virtually over Zoom in Courtroom #1 beginning at 9:00am on Mondays -Wednesdays.
Domestic Case Appearances in Milton:
Those facing domestic related charges including domestic assault, mischief under $5000, criminal harassment, uttering threats etc will appear on Thursday morning before a judge in Courtroom #1 between 9:00a.m. and 1:00pm.
Youth Case Appearances in Milton:
If you are young person (under 18 years old) charged with a criminal offence in Halton Region, you are required to virtually appear in a special Youth Court on Thursday afternoon in Courtroom #1, starting at 2:00 p.m..
Drug Case Appearances in Milton:
If you are facing a drug chrge in milton or elsewhere in Halton Region, you are required to virtually appear in Drug Court on on Friday mornings beginning at 9:00 a.m. in Courtroom #1.
Connection information for Courtroom #1 (all days):
Joining Courtroom #1 by Zoom video
Meeting ID: 667 5590 8772
Joining by telephone
Meeting ID: 667 5590 8772
Local Contact Information
Milton Provincial Crown: [email protected] or by phone at 905-878-7291.
Milton Public Prosecution Service of Canada: [email protected] Please leave your name and court date.
Milton Courthouse – Criminal: [email protected]
Being accused of a crime can be an extremely stressful experience. Remember, your best defence is hiring the right lawyer to protect your rights.
Contact Daniel Brown Law at (416) 297-7200 to schedule a consultation.