Oshawa Criminal Lawyers – Daniel Brown Law
Oshawa Criminal Lawyers – Daniel Brown Law Will Defend Your Rights.
Daniel Brown Law is a leading firm of criminal defence lawyers and often represents clients charged with serious matters in the Superior Court of Justice and the Ontario Court of Justice in Oshawa and throughout Durham Region and most of southern Ontario.
Our results speak for themselves. Daniel Brown Law is recognized by Canadian Lawyer Magazine as one of Canada’s 10 top criminal defence firms.
In 2020, Daniel was voted the Toronto Star’s Readers’ Choice Diamond Award Winner in the category of Best Lawyer. Daniel Brown Law was also voted the 2020 Diamond Award Winner in the category of Best Legal Services.
Daniel Brown Law represents anyone facing criminal charges or requiring legal advice on criminal law related matters.
Durham Region includes the following areas served by six separate police districts: Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, Pickering, Courtice, Brooklin. Criminal matters in Oshawa and elsewhere in Durham Region are heard at the the Durham Region courthouse on Bond Street East in Oshawa just west of Ritson Road:
Oshawa Courthouse Address:
150 Bond Street East, Oshawa, Ontario L1G 0A2
Criminal Youth – Ontario Court of Justice: 905-743-2800
Criminal – Ontario Court of Justice: 905-743-2800
Having an experienced criminal lawyer on your side is the best defence. It is the only way to help you achieve the best possible results when facing criminal charges.
The lawyers at Daniel Brown Law are available to work with and along side you through every stage of the criminal court process including bail hearings, trials and appeals for all types of criminal charges.
With extensive knowledge of the law and criminal court procedure, Daniel Brown Law can assist in a number of criminal law related areas.
Click on the links below to learn more about the charges Daniel Brown Law defends:
- Domestic Assault: forcible confinement, utter threats, mischief to property;
- Sexual Offences: sexual assault, sexual exploitation, invitation to sexual touching, sexual interference;
- Drinking and Driving Offences: impaired driving, over 80, refuse breath sample, dangerous driving, fail to remain;
- Drug Offences: drug trafficking, drug possession, possession for the purpose of trafficking, drug importation, conspiracy to traffic drugs, drug production and grow-ops;
- Bail Hearings: bail hearings for all offences, bail revocation hearings, bail reviews, bail variations, bail estreatment hearings;
- Assault: non-domestic assault, aggravated assault, assault with a weapon, assault causing bodily harm, assaulting a police officer;
- Property Crimes: theft, shoplifting, possession of stolen property, possession of burglar tools, robbery, mischief under $5,000;
- Homicide: murder, attempted murder, manslaughter, criminal negligence causing death;
- Weapons Offences: possession of a weapon, weapons dangerous, carry concealed weapon, possession of guns;
- Fraud: including large-scale frauds, uttering forged documents, breaches of trust, impersonation;
- Harassment: criminal harassment;
- Administration of Justice Crimes: fail to comply with bail, obstruct police, obstruct justice, perjury, fail to appear, public mischief
- Criminal Law Appeals: appeals of conviction and sentence, bail pending appeal, crown initiated appeals, appeals of POA charges;
- Extradition: to foreign countries and transfer of prisoners from foreign countries to Canada;
Being accused of a crime can be an extremely stressful experience. Remember, your best defence is hiring the right lawyer to protect your rights.
Virtual Criminal Court Appearances for Adult Criminal Matters
If you are charged with a criminal offence in Durham Region, you are required to make your court appearances virtually in Courtroom 108 using the Zoom platform. Court appearances for adults charged with criminal or drug charges take place in Courtroom 108, Monday through Friday beginning at 9:00am.
Virtual Criminal Court Appearances for Youth Criminal Matters
If you are young person charged with a criminal offence in Durham Region, you are required to appear in Youth Court, courtroom #101, starting at 9:00 a.m. only on Tuesdays.
Local Contact Information
Provincial Crown: [email protected] or 905-743-2700
Oshawa courthouse [email protected] or 905-743-2640
If you are not released from the police station and are in custody you will be required to make an appearance in bail court within 24 hours of your arrest. Bail hearings are typically held before a justice of the peace.
Contact Daniel Brown Law at (416) 297-7200 to schedule a consultation.