Brampton Criminal Lawyers – Daniel Brown Law
Brampton Criminal Lawyers, Daniel Brown Law Will Defend Your Rights
Daniel Brow Law is a leading firm of criminal defence lawyers and often represents clients charged with serious matters in the Superior Court of Justice and the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton and throughout Peel Region and most of southern Ontario.
Our results speak for themselves. Daniel Brown Law is recognized by Canadian Lawyer Magazine as one of Canada’s 10 top criminal defence firms.
In 2020, Daniel was voted the Toronto Star’s Readers’ Choice Diamond Award Winner in the category of Best Lawyer. Daniel Brown Law was also voted the 2020 Diamond Award Winner in the category of Best Legal Services.
Daniel Brown Law represents anyone facing criminal charges or requiring legal advice on criminal law related matters.
Peel Region includes the following areas served by three separate police districts: Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga.
Criminal matters in Brampton include those charges laid in Mississauga, Malton, Caledon and elsewhere in the Peel Region and are heard at the A. Grenville & William Davis Courthouse on Hurontario Street.
Brampton Courthouse Address: 7755 Hurontario Street, Brampton, Ontario L6W 4T1
Criminal Youth – Ontario Court of Justice: 905-456-4700
Criminal – Superior Court of Justice: 905-456-4700
Criminal – Ontario Court of Justice: 905-456-4700
Having an experienced criminal lawyer on your side is the best defence. It is the only way to help you achieve the best possible results when facing criminal charges.
The lawyers at Daniel Brown Law are available to work with and along side you through every stage of the criminal court process including bail hearings, trials and appeals for all types of criminal charges.
With extensive knowledge of the law and criminal court procedure, Daniel Brown Law can assist in a number of criminal law related areas.
Click on the links below to learn more about the charges Daniel Brown Law defends:
- Domestic Assault: forcible confinement, utter threats, mischief to property;
- Sexual Offences: sexual assault, sexual exploitation, invitation to sexual touching, sexual interference;
- Drinking and Driving Offences: impaired driving, over 80, refuse breath sample, dangerous driving, fail to remain;
- Drug Offences: drug trafficking, drug possession, possession for the purpose of trafficking, drug importation, conspiracy to traffic drugs, drug production and grow-ops;
- Bail Hearings: bail hearings for all offences, bail revocation hearings, bail reviews, bail variations, bail estreatment hearings;
- Assault: non-domestic assault, aggravated assault, assault with a weapon, assault causing bodily harm, assaulting a police officer;
- Property Crimes: theft, shoplifting, possession of stolen property, possession of burglar tools, robbery, mischief under $5,000;
- Homicide: murder, attempted murder, manslaughter, criminal negligence causing death;
- Weapons Offences: possession of a weapon, weapons dangerous, carry concealed weapon, possession of guns;
- Fraud: including large-scale frauds, uttering forged documents, breaches of trust, impersonation;
- Harassment: criminal harassment;
- Administration of Justice Crimes: fail to comply with bail, obstruct police, obstruct justice, perjury, fail to appear, public mischief
- Criminal Law Appeals: appeals of conviction and sentence, bail pending appeal, crown initiated appeals, appeals of POA charges;
- Extradition: to foreign countries and transfer of prisoners from foreign countries to Canada.
Being accused of a crime can be an extremely stressful experience. Remember, your best defence is hiring the right lawyer to protect your rights.
Brampton Virtual Court Appearances
If you are an adult over the age of 18 years old charged with a criminal offence in Peel Region, you are required to make your first appearance in Courtroom #104. Due to COVID-19, all court appearances are done virtually using the zoom or telephone login information below. “First appearance court” is held Monday through Friday in Courtroom #104 with accused persons making their first appearance beginning at 9:00 a.m.. Counsel matters are addressed first followed by self-represented litigants.
You are only permitted to make a total of three appearances in #104 Court before the Justice of the Peace in court will require that you virtually appear in Courtroom #206 before a Judge to move your case forward to trial or a resolution. For cases that are not resolved by this point in the process, a date will be set for either a judicial pre-trial, a preliminary hearing or a trial. The virtual court details for courtroom 206 are listed below.
One some days, the 104 court list is split alphabetically to accomodate larger numbers of people appearing in court. On those dates, Virtual court 105 is also used for accused persons with surnames M-Z.
Virtual Court Appearances for Young Offenders in Brampton
If you are young person charged with a criminal offence in Peel Region, you are required to appear virtually in Youth Court, Virtual courtroom #204, starting at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. The 204 virtual court details are listed below.
Virtual Court Appearances for Drug Charges in Brampton
First appearance drug charges are held virtually on Thursdays in courtroom #204. Subsequent drug court appearances are held virtually on Fridays at 9:30 am in 204 court.
Contact Daniel Brown Law at (416) 297-7200 to schedule a consultation.